If you have decided to sell your home, the main thing you should concentrate on is, spending your money to spruce up the place for turning it into an irresistible and marketable home. Every seller wants their home to sell fast and bring top cash. Do you want the same to happen? Well, it’s not the luck that makes your house for sale in La Mirada CA at good price and as fast as possible. This depends on how carefully you plan to spruce up your home professional which will surely make the home buyers to scurrying for their check books.
Here you can find how to prepare your home ready for the sale…
The buyers never like to see your past personal artifacts and also you don’t want them to be getting distracted. Pack up all your photographs and family heirlooms, this will probably allow the buyers to imagine their own family photos on the walls. If you don’t make that place clean, the buyers can ask, “what kind of people live in this home?” rather make them to say, “I can see myself living here”.
De-cluttering and keeping the house neat and tidy is the important to create a positive impression. If you have clutter which you haven’t used for over a year, it is very likely you will never use it. So, consider the following…
- If you don’t need those items, why not donate it or just throw it away?
- Remove all the books from book cases.
- Clean off everything on the kitchen counters.
- Put all your essential items in a small box that can be stored in a closet when not in use.
Rearrange bedroom closet and kitchen cabinets
Customers love to snoop and so they will definitely open your closet and cabinet doors. If any items fall out all of a sudden, it creates an awful impression. If the things are perfectly organized, the buyer believes that you took good care of rest of the house as well. This includes…
- Hang shirts together, buttoned and keep them facing in the same direction.
- Line up all the shoes.
- Turn coffee cup handles facing the same way.
- Stack dishes neatly.
Make minor repairs
- Replace cracked floors.
- Patch holes in walls.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Fix every doors and windows that do not close properly. Also fix the jammed kitchen drawers.
- Consider painting your walls with neutral colors.
- Replace worn out light bulbs.
Make your house sparkle
- Wash windows on both sides.
- Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades and light fixtures.
- Polish faucets and mirrors.
- Replace worn rugs.
- Hang up fresh towels.
- Clean and air out the musty smelling areas.
While showing your homes for sale in La Mirada, make sure to fill all the rooms in your home with inviting smells. Use this handy checklist when your house is going on the market.